This slow cooker beef roast is a wonderful comfort dish the whole family can enjoy. Made with beef roast, potatoes, and carrots, it's a full meal that's ready to eat in just a few hours.
– 3.5 pounds Beef eye of round roast – 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning – 2 teaspoons Salt – 1 teaspoon Black pepper – 2 teaspoons Garlic powder – 1 teaspoon Onion powder – 2 pounds Red potatoes (yellow and russet okay too!) – 1 large Onion, chopped – 1 pound Baby carrots – 2 stalks Celery, chopped – 2 cups Beef broth Cornstarch Slurry (for gravy) – ¼ cup Cold water – ¼ cup Cornstarch
– In a small bowl, combine your seasonings.
– Rub the seasoning mixture over the roast to fully coat.
– Place the roast at the bottom of your slow cooker.
– Add in chopped potatoes, chopped onions, baby carrots and chopped celery stalks.
– Pour in the beef broth.
– Cover and cook on low for 9 hours or on high for 6 hours.
– An hour before serving you can mix the cornstarch slurry together in a small bowl and add it to the slow cooker. The juices in the crock pot will thicken as it continues to cook.
– Alternatively you can drain all of the juices from the crockpot into a pot with your cornstarch slurry and cook on the stove on medium-high until bubbling (about 3-5 minutes).
– Place your roast on a large cutting board and shred apart with two forks. Serve with cooked veggies and gravy.