This simple 5 ingredient macaroni and cheese recipe is the base of all great cheesiness.
Eat it straight from the pot or bake it in the oven for an easy baked mac and cheese. Either way, it's delicious!
– 8 ounces Cheddar Cheese (2 cups) – 16 oz Boxed noodles – 2 cup Milk – 1/4 cup Flour – 2 Tablespoons Butter
Boil the noodles in a pot of water according to package directions.
Drain into a colander and set aside.
– While the noodles are cooking, begin making your cheese sauce. In a small sauce pot, melt your butter over medium heat.
– Add in the flour and then whisk to combine. It will create a few flour lumps, but this is okay.
– Slowly add in the milk and whisk to combine. Whisk until the flour has dissolved and the mixture is smooth and thickened. (About 2-3 minutes)
– Add in the shredded cheese and continue to whisk.
Whisk until melted and thick.
– Pour the cheese sauce over the cooked noodles.
- Stir to combine.