These vegan hamburger buns are super easy to make and require only 6 ingredients and a few minutes of active work to make.
The end results are fluffy golden topped buns that are perfect for any BBQ.
– 2 ½ cups All-purpose flour or bread flour – 2 ¼ teaspoons Yeast (one packet) – 1 ½ teaspoons Salt – 1 cup Warm water (about 110 degrees F) – 3 Tablespoons Vegetable or olive oil – 2 Tablespoons Granulated sugar
– In a bowl whisk together the flour, yeast, and salt.
– Make a well in the center and add to it the sugar, oil, and water. Stir to combine.
– Knead the dough on floured surface for about 10 minutes until smooth and elastic. Feed it more flour as needed to get it no longer sticky.
– Place in a bowl and cover. Let rise until doubled, about 1 hour in a warm place.
– Punch down the dough and divide into 8 equal sized pieces. Roll into balls and place on a greased baking sheet.
– Cover the buns loosely with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled.
– Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Brush the tops of the burger buns with olive oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
– Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown on top.