For a fresh and frozen treat, grab a fresh pineapple and a blender. This pineapple slushie recipe is perfect for a chilled drink packed with nutrients and tropical fun.
– 2 cups Fresh pineapple chunks – 1 cup Ice Cubes – Maraschino cherries *optional for garnish
– Place your pineapple onto a cutting board.
– Using a sharp knife, remove the tops and bottoms of the pineapple.
– Place the pineapple flat onto the cutting board.
– Run a sharp knife along the sides of the pineapple, in downward strips, cutting off the green skin.
– Once the green skin has been removed, cut the pineapple in half vertically.
– Place the halves flat-side down onto the cutting board.
– Slice each half, in half again. The pineapple should now be in quarters.
– Flip over a quarter and cut the hard center core off. Discard. Repeat for all 4 pieces.
– Cut the quarters in half again. Then chop into 1 inch sized pieces. Repeat for all pineapple.
– Add your ice cubes to a blender.
– Add in the pineapple.
– Blend on high speed for 1-2 minutes or until smooth.