Grilled cheese sandwiches just got easier this summer, thanks to meal prepping. With make ahead frozen grilled cheese, you can prep now and eat later. Fast, convenient, and just as delicious as fresh!
– 6 slices Cheddar Cheese – 12 slices Sandwich bread – 4 Tablespoons Butter, softened
– Spread some softened butter on one side of the bread.
– Place the bread on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, butter side down.
– Top with one slice of cheese. Note you can double the cheese, but heating it up may take longer.
– Place another piece of buttered bread over the top of the cheese, the butter side facing up.
– Freeze on the baking sheet for 2 hours or until solid. Transfer to an airtight container or gallon-sized baggie. They can remain frozen for up to 2 months.
– When ready to eat, place one frozen sandwich on a microwave-safe plate.
– Heat in the microwave for 15 seconds.
– Place onto a preheated skillet over medium heat and cook for 1-2 minutes per side or until toasted to your liking.