Packed with fresh pear chunks, spices, and a soft melt-in-your-mouth crumb, these simple pear muffins as a great brunch option or snack.
– 1 1/2 cups flour – 1/2 cup white sugar – 1/2 cup brown sugar – 1 tsp baking soda – 1 tsp cinnamon – 1/2 tsp ground ginger – 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg – 1/4 tsp salt – 1 large egg – 1/2 cup vegetable oil – 1/2 tsp vanilla – 2 cups fresh pears, chopped into small pieces
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin tray with paper cups.
– In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugars, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
– In another bowl, whisk together the egg, oil, and vanilla.
– Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones. The batter will be VERY thick.
– Fold in the pear chunks. The batter will soften and start to look more like batter thanks to the moisture in the pears!
– Scoop into the muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
– Let cool for about 10 minutes in the pan before transferring to a wire rack.