Made with fresh pears and a spiced topping, this dessert feels like fall (or winter).
You're going to love this simple and easy pear cobbler recipe.
Pear Filling – 1/2 cup butter (one stick) – 3-4 cups sliced pears (about 5-6 large pears) – 1/2 cup granulated sugar – 1/2 tsp vanilla – 1/2 tsp cinnamon Cobbler Topping – 1/2 cup granulated sugar – 1/2 cup brown sugar – 3/4 cup all-purpose flour – 2 tsp baking powder – 1 tsp cinnamon – 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg – 1/4 tsp ground ginger – 1/4 tsp salt – 3/4 cup milk – 1 large egg
Pear Filling – In one bowl, mix together the pear slices with the granulated sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Set it aside.
– Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F and place a stick of butter in a 9x13 baking dish. Place dish in oven with butter to melt. Don't let it burn.
Cobbler Topping – In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger, sugars, and salt. Whisk until well distributed.
– In another bowl, whisk the eggs and add in the milk and vanilla. Whisk again.
– Add the milk mixture to the flour and then stir to combine.
– Pour the batter directly over the melted butter in the pan. Do Not Stir.
– Place the pear mixture over the batter, try to evenly distribute the pears. Do Not Stir.
– Place the baking dish back into the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until the pears are tender and the breading has cooked through.
– If needed, you can loosely place a piece of foil over the cobbler as it bakes to prevent it from browning too much.
– Let cool before serving, the pear syrup mixture will thicken as it cools.