This easy chicken pot pie recipe is simple and fast to throw together, especially if you use storebought pie crust.
Enjoy this comforting meal with minimal prep and maximum flavor in every slice.
– 1/2 Onion, diced – 2 Tablespoon Butter – 1/2 teaspoon Salt – 1/4 teaspoon Pepper – 1/4 teaspoon Dried Sage – 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder – 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder – 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning – 1 pinch Nutmeg – 2 Tablespoon Butter – 1.5-2 cups Cooked Chicken – 1 bag Frozen Mixed Veggies about 10-12 ounces – 1 can Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup – 1/2 cup Milk – 1 box Refrigerated Pie Crust
– Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
– Saute your onion and 2 tablespoons of butter in a frying pan until translucent.
– In a large mixing bowl combine the onions with the salt, pepper, sage, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, nutmeg, chicken, frozen veggies, can of cream of chicken, and milk. Stir until combined and evenly distributed.
– Prepare the bottom pie crust in a pie plate.
– Top with 2 tablespoons of butter that has been cut into small pads.
– Add your filling to the pie crust.
– Top with the remaining pie crust. Crump the edges and cut some holes for the pie to vent.
– Brush the top with milk.
– Bake for 35-45 minutes until golden brown.
– Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving. This will help the liquid inside set so that it isn't too runny when serving