Making your own homemade barbecue sauce is easier than you may think.
With a few minutes of your time, you can have a flavorful sauce perfect for any meal or occasion.
– 2 cups ketchup – 1/2 cup water – 1/2 cup brown sugar – 1/2 cup diced onion – 2 tbsp Worchestershire Sauce – 2 tbsp vinegar – 2 tbsp lemon juice – 2 tbsp mustard – 1/2 tsp pepper – 1/2 tsp salt
– Add the onions and water to a pot over medium heat and cook for about 3 minutes until softened.
– Add in the brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
– Whisk in the ketchup, continue to whisk until boiling, and then reduce the heat to medium-low.
– Allow the sauce to simmer uncovered for 10 minutes or until thickened.
– Remove from heat and let cool.