This dandelion bread is an easy recipe that tastes great as a snack or side to any meal. With a subtle honey flavor, this bread is simple and a great basic quick bread recipe to follow.
– 2 cups All purpose flour – 2 teaspoons Baking powder – ½ teaspoon Salt – 1 cup Dandelion heads, (dry measure, before washing) – ¼ cup Coconut oil – ¼ cup Honey – 1 large Egg – 1 ¼ cup Milk
– First, find some clean dandelions (no pesticides, bugs, etc.) Trim off the heads of the flowers, and discard stems and leaves. Measure one cup's worth (can use up to 2 cups).
– Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease an 8x4 bread loaf pan and set it aside.
– Wash the dandelions in a colander in cool running water to remove any possible dirt and bugs. Set aside.
– In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, and salt.
– Whisk to combine. Set aside.
– Add your dandelion heads to a small pot of water (just enough water to submerge the flowers).
– Boil for 1 minute.
– Drain into a colander under cold water to stop the cooking process. Squeeze out as much water as possible from the flowers.
– Add the florets to the dry ingredients.
– Whisk until combined.
– Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well until almost no lumps remain. The batter will be fairly wet and lumpy.
– The batter will be fairly wet and lumpy.
– Pour into a greased bread loaf pan.
– Bake at 400 degrees F for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick can come out clean.
– Let cool for 5 minutes before flipping onto a wire rack and cooling completely.