Zucchini bread just got a fabulous new upgrade. With this snickerdoodle zucchini bread recipe, you'll find the perfect balance of squash and cinnamon with fabulous crispy cinnamon topping too.
– 3 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium) – 3 cups all-purpose flour – 1 tsp baking soda – 1/2 tsp cream of tartar – 1 tsp salt – 3 tsp cinnamon – 3 large eggs – 1 cup vegetable oil – 2 tsp vanilla extract – 1/2 cup white sugar – 1 cup brown sugar Snickerdoodle Topping – 1/2 cup granulated sugar – 1 tsp cinnamon – 1/4 tsp cream of tartar *optional
– Shred your zucchini and place it onto a paper towel to allow some of the moisture to be absorbed.
– Grease your bread loaf pans and set them aside.
– In a small bowl, add the sugar, cream of tartar, and cinnamon needed for the snickerdoodle topping.
– Mix well and set aside for later.
– Add the flour, salt, baking soda, cream of tartar, and cinnamon to a large mixing bowl.
– Whisk well to combine. Set aside.
– In another large mixing bowl, add the eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and both sugars. Whisk well until combined.
– Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ones until no flour streaks remain.
– The batter will be very thick at this point.
– Add in the zucchini.
– Stir until the zucchini is well distributed. You will notice that the batter doesn't seem as thick any more, thanks to the moisture in the zucchini.
– Divide the zucchini batter between your two bread loaves and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over both. You will not need all of the mixture.
– Bake in the oven at 325F for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted into the center and come out clean.
– Let cool for about 20 minutes in the pans before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.