This cinnamon crumble banana bread is as delicious as it is easy.
Okay, it's even more delicious than it is easy, but once you try it for yourself, you'll understand why we're swooning over this banana bread recipe lately.
– 1 cup Butter, softened – 8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened – 2 cups Sugar – 2 large Eggs – 3 cups All purpose Flour – 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder – 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda – 1/2 teaspoon Salt – 1 1/2 cups Mashed Banana – 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract – 1 teaspoon Cinnamon – 1/4 teaspoon Allspice – 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg Crumble – 6 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour – 6 Tablespoons Brown Sugar – 1 teaspoon Cinnamon – 2 Tablespoons Shortening
– Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease two 8 x4 bread loaf pans. Set aside.
– In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese until nice and smooth.
– Gradually add in the sugar and beat again until light and fluffy.
– Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
– In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cinnamon.
– Add to the butter mixture and beat together on low speed until combined.
– Stir in the mashed bananas and vanilla.
– Divide the batter between two greased 8x4 loaf pans and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
– Cover the breads with a loose piece of foil during the last 15 minutes if you don't want the bread getting too dark in color.
– Let cool in the pans for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.