These honey chocolate chip cookies are soft with chewy edges and perfect for a sweet treat.
You're going to love them with a glass of milk or an extra drizzle of honey on top.
– 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour – 1 teaspoon cornstarch – 1/2 teaspoon baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon salt – 1/2 cup butter, cold, cubed – 1/4 cup honey – 2/3 cup granulated sugar – 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed – 1 large egg – 1 large egg yolk – 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract – 1 cup chocolate chips
– Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and in bowl. Set aside.
– Cream butter and sugars and honey in bowl for 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
– Add in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Mix until incorporated.
– Slowly add in the dry ingredients, but do not overmix the dough.
– Fold in the chocolate chips.
– Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place into the fridge. Chill for 1-2 hours or longer (preferably overnight).
– Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
– Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
– Scoop the dough into 2 tablespoon sized balls and place them onto the baking sheets, evenly spaced.
– Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
– Let cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet.
– Transfer to a wire rack and allow the cookies to cool completely.