Tomato soup chili is a minimal ingredient recipe, only needing a large can of tomato soup and 6 other ingredients. Perfect for a simple dinner packed with hearty comforting flavors.
– 2 Tablespoons Olive oil – 1 Large Onion, diced – 1 pound Ground beef – 3 cans (15oz) Mixed chili beans – 2 teaspoon Chili powder – 1 teaspoon Garlic, minced – 1 can (26oz) Condensed Tomato soup
– Place a Medium sized pot over medium heat and add in the olive oil and diced onions.
– Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the onions are softened. They should appear translucent.
– Add in the ground beef.
– Cook until the meat has browned, breaking it up as you go. Drain any excess grease and return the pot to the heat.
– Add your garlic and chili powder to the pot.
– Stir well to combine.
– Add in the tomato soup and the cans of mixed chili beans. Do not drain the beans beforehand.
– Stir gently to combine.
– Bring the pot to a boil ad then reduce the heat to low. Allow to simmer for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 hour. The chili will be thick but stir occasionally to prevent burning.
– The flavor will get better the longer it cooks because the flavors can meld together.