2. Pour one cup of water into the bottom of the Instant Pot and place in the trivet.
1. Blend together the spices for the chicken rub in a small bowl and set aside.
4. Stack the seasoned chicken quarters upright like books on a shelf on the trivet. I like to alternate which sides the drumsticks are on.
3. Rub the chicken with the seasoning mixture on both the fronts and backs of the quarters as best as you can.
6. Naturally Release the Pressure for 5 minutes after the timer beeps, and then release the rest manually.
5. Set to High Pressure for 15 minutes for thawed chicken or 25 minutes for frozen.
8. Broil on high for 3-5 minutes to help crisp up the skin.
7. Optional Step- Set your oven to High Broil and place chicken on a baking sheet.
9. Check internal temperature and make sure chicken is a safe 165 degrees F before eating. If not, bake at 350 degrees F until temp has been reached.