Butterscotch chocolate chip cookies are a delicious blend of sweet flavors in every chewy cookie. Packed with butterscotch and chocolate in every bite, you'll want to eat these cookies by the handful.
– 1 ½ cups All-purpose flour – 1 teaspoon Cornstarch – ½ teaspoon Baking powder – ½ teaspoon Baking soda – ½ teaspoon Salt – ½ cup Unsalted butter, softened – ½ cup Brown sugar – ½ cup Granulated sugar – 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract – 1 large Egg – ½ cup Chocolate chips – ½ cup Butterscotch chips
– Add the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to a large mixing bowl.
– Whisk well to combine. Set aside.
– Add your sugars and butter to a large mixing bowl.
– Cream them together until light and fluffy.
– Add in the egg and vanilla.
– Mix well to combine.
– Add the dry ingredients to the sugar mixture.
– Mix together just until combined and no white streaks remain.
– Add in your chocolate chips and butterscotch chips.
– Fold them together to distribute.
– Scoop the dough into 2 tablespoon sized scoops and place on a parchment lined baking sheet at least 2 or 3 inches apart. Place the sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes while you preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
– Bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes until the edges look set. Immediately top with additional chocolate chips and butterscotch chips (if desired).
– Let cool for 10-30 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to the cooling wrack.