A simple pancake recipe that brings vegetables to the table in a form we all want to eat.
These carrot cake pancakes are fluffy and delicious, like pancakes should be but flavorful like a spiced carrot cake. It's the best of both worlds!
For the Pancakes – 2 cups pancake mix – 1 tsp cinnamon – 1/4 tsp ground ginger – 1/4 tsp nutmeg – 1/8 tsp ground cloves – 1/4 cup brown sugar – 2 tbsp oats – 1 1/4 cup milk – 1 tsp vanilla – 2 cups shredded carrot – 1 large egg – 2 tbsp oil Cream Cheese Syrup – 4 oz cream cheese, softened – 1/3 cup heavy cream or milk – 1 cup powdered sugar – 1/2 tsp vanilla
– Shred your carrots and set them aside.
– Add the pancake mix, oats, brown sugar, and spices to a large mixing bowl. Whisk well to combine.
– Add your milk, egg, vanilla, and oil to another large mixing bowl. Whisk well to combine.
– Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with your dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
– Now add the shredded carrot. Fold into the batter gently, and allow to rest for 5 minutes as the skillet preheats.
– Preheat your griddle to medium heat (325-350F)
– Scoop the batter by the 1/4 cup measures and place it on the greased griddle to cook.
– When the edges are dry and the bottom is golden brown, flip and continue cooking until cooked through. About 2 minutes per side.
– Warm all of the syrup ingredients in a pot on the stove, stirring until melted and smooth.
– Remove from heat and let cool until it's safe to touch temperature.
– Add several pancakes to your plate. Top with cream cheese syrup.