With this sugar-free blueberry jam recipe, no pectin is needed. You'll make one jar's worth of delicious fridge-stable jam and only need 4 ingredients to do it. For breakfast, you'll enjoy this healthy fruit spread with your favorite toast or bagels.
– 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries – 3 tbsp chia seeds – 1 tsp lemon juice – 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
– Wash fresh blueberries or use frozen blueberries and add them to a medium sized pot over medium heat on the stove.
– Cook for about 6-8 minutes or until the blueberries are soft and mashable with the back of a spoon.
– Remove from heat and use a potato masher to crush the blueberries. You can mash them as much or as little as desired.
– Add in the lemon juice, stir, and return to heat. Bring the mixture to a boil. Remove from heat again.
– Stir in the chia seeds and honey and allow to cool.
– Pour into an airtight container and keep stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Jam should be fully thickened and ready to use after 4 hours in the fridge.