Elevate your chocolate chip cookies to the next level with some nuts. These chocolate chip pecan cookies are a wonderful treat that never lasts long.
– 1 ½ cups All purpose flour – 1 teaspoon Cornstarch – ½ teaspoon Baking powder – ½ teaspoon Baking soda – ½ teaspoon Salt – ½ cup Unsalted butter, softened – ½ cup Brown sugar – ½ cup Granulated sugar – 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract – 1 large Egg, room temp – ½ cup Chocolate chips – ½ cup Pecans, chopped
– Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
– Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking oil and set aside.
– Add the butter and sugars to a large mixing bowl.
– Cream together on high speed until light and fluffy, using an electric mixer.
– Add in an egg.
– Mix together to combine.
– Add in the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cornstarch.
– Mix until combined.
– Add in the flour.
– Mix together to combine. Do not overmix.
– Add in the chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
– Fold together to distribute evenly.
– Scoop the dough into 2 tablespoon-sized balls. Place onto the prepared baking sheet.
– Bake in the oven at 350F for 10-12 minutes or until the edges look set and the tops are no longer glossy. The cookies will look puff and underbaked.
– Immediately top with additional chocolate chips and pecan pieces if desired.
– Let cool completely on the baking sheets (or for a minimum of 10 minutes before transferring to the wire cooling rack). The cookies will set as they cool.