A savory breakfast quiche is always a welcoming breakfast. With bright green spinach leaves, crispy and chewy bacon, and a lot of cheese, this spinach bacon quiche really hits the spot on appearance and taste!
– 1 deep dish pie crust – 5 large eggs – 1 cup milk – 1/4 tsp salt – 1/4 tsp black pepper – 1 cup spinach leaves, chopped – 1/4 cup green onions, chopped – 1/2 med. yellow onion, diced – 1/2 cup bacon, chopped – 1 1/2 cups colby cheese, shredded – 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
– Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
– Pierce your prepared pie crust with a fork several times along the sides and bottom. Blind bake your pie crust for 10 minutes and remove from oven to cool. (This prevents soggy crust later).
– Dice onion and chop bacon. Place in hot skillet over medium heat and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently until bacon is cooked and onions are translucent or slightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
– In a large mixing bowl, egg your eggs. Beat with a fork until eggs are slightly beaten.
– Add in milk, salt, pepper, mix again.
– Add in spinach, green onions, the cooled onion and bacon mix, and cheeses. Stir again until combined.
– Pour into a prepared pie crust and bake in an oven at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.
– Reduce heat and cook at 325 degrees F for 25-30 minutes until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
– Cool 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.