This yummy bacon fried rice is a great dinner for so many reasons. It's frugal to make, using leftover white rice, and packed with veggies too! The whole family will love this fried rice recipe!
– 3 Strips Bacon – 2 Tablespoons Toasted sesame oil – 1 cup Onion, finely chopped – 2 cloves Garlic, minced – 2 ½ cups Cooked white rice – 2 large Eggs, lightly beaten – 1 bag (12oz) Frozen mixed veggies – 2 Tablespoons Soy sauce – 2 Tablespoons Green onion, thinly sliced
– Add your bacon to a large wok or skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
– Cook until crispy and then remove bacon from the pan and chop into small pieces. Drain grease.
– Add the onions and oil to the pan. If you leave some bacon grease, you'll get a stronger bacon flavor.
– Cook until the onions are caramelized looking or translucent.
– Add your minced garlic to the pan of onions.
– Stir well to combine and let cook for about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
– Add in the white rice, breaking up any large clumps of rice as you go.
– Stir together to combine.
– Add in the mixed frozen veggies.
– Stir well to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the veggies are no longer cold to the touch.
– Add your eggs to a bowl.
– Beat lightly with a fork to break the yolks.
– Push the rice to the sides of the pan and add the beaten egg to the warm skillet.
– Cook the eggs while stirring until scrambled. Try not to add too much rice to the egg mixture as that changes the texture of the dish.
– Stir the eggs to combine with the rice, then add green onions, soy sauce, and bacon pieces.
– Mix well to evenly distribute.
– Cook for an additional minute or until warmed through.