A savory and slightly smokey update on the classic scrambled eggs recipe. With smoked salmon and scrambled eggs together in one dish, it's healthy, filling, and colorful on your plate!
I have a lot of smoked salmon in the freezer that I just love to work with. I made a spinach and smoked salmon quiche a few weeks ago and it turned out fantastic, so of course, scrambled eggs was just a short step away.
The smokey, salty, fishy taste of this dish is perfect. I love salmon and with the fish working together with the eggs to create a create texture and flavor, scrambled eggs will never be the same for me, haha.
I love how simple and easy this dish is to throw together too! Hardly any extra time compared to normal scrambled eggs and it feels like a nice upgrade at the same time. Win-win.
- Smoked salmon
- Salt and Pepper
- Green Onion
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
🍴 Recipe Tips
Due to the fact that not all smoked salmon is created equal, I highly recommend either knowing the salmon you're using or waiting until the end to taste test and adjust salt and pepper to you're own preferences.
Some salmons can be rather salty whereas others can be much milder. Tasting before adjusting can save you from a salty side dish!
Absolutely! While it won't taste exactly the same, you can add in ¼ teaspoon of liquid smoke and 1 can of drained canned salmon (the one without bones). You could also just use ½ cup of leftover salmon from dinner the night before. 😉
Check out how to make smoked salmon scrambled eggs with these simple step-by-step instructions:
- In a skillet, melt your butter over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Cook the eggs in the skillet until they are about halfway done.
- Then add in the chopped smoked salmon and stir. Cook until finished and then serve warm.
- Garnish with green onions, if desired.
More great recipes to try
- Rolo Turtle Fudge
- Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Garlic Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Mini Spinach Artichoke Bread Bowls
- Easy Oven Roasted Broccolini
Smoked Salmon Scrambled Eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter ($0.09)
- 2 tablespoon milk ($0.02)
- 4 large eggs ($0.32)
- 3 oz smoked salmon ($3.75)
- 1 dash each of salt and pepper ($0.04)
- green onion, chopped for garnish
- Melt your butter in a skillet.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Cook the eggs over medium heat until they're about halfway cooked.
- Add in the smoked salmon and continue cooking, stirring often, until finished.
- Garnish with green onions and serve.