Did you know that Santa picks favorites? It’s true and these cookies are his absolute FAVORITE. Rumor has it that those who leave these out will get the best gifts under the tree.
Santa’s favorite cookie recipe
I heard of it from a very reliable source that the big guy likes his chocolate. He also LOVES a good and chewy cookie that melts in the mouth. And why not? The easier the cookie is to chew the more he can eat before he has to move on to the next home!
These chocolate chip M&M cookies are THE BEST! They have chewy edges, soft centers, are packed with flavor and so easy to prepare. My favorite part is that there are no long chill times, which is perfect for us impatient bakers.
Holiday cookie ingredients
- All-purpose flour
- Cheesecake flavored Jell-o Instant Pudding
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter
- Brown sugar
- White sugar
- Milk chocolate chips
- Red and Green Holiday M&Ms
What you’ll need to make this recipe
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Tips for making Santas favorite cookies
The most important thing to tell you is that the cheesecake pudding dry mix makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE! Some people make their cookies with vanilla pudding mix, but once you try cheesecake flavor, there’s no going back. Trust me.
When you chill the dough, having it nice and cold is what helps to keep the cookies from cooking too fast and melting down too thin. If you reuse the same baking sheet over and over for every round of cookies in the oven, you may notice that as you cycle through the cookie dough the cookies are coming out thinner. This is because of the warm pan.
Let the cookies cool on the pan for at least 10 minutes. 30 minutes is much better. The longer they sit on the pan, the more they set and finish cooking. They also retain better texture.
FAQ’s about Santa’s Cookies
Santa likes soft and chewy cookies like these chocolate chip M&M cheesecake cookies. They have a nice firm edge he can grab with his gloves on and they melt in his mouth so he can finish the plate quickly before moving on to the next house.
Your chocolate chip cookies should look raw in the center but set around the edges. This is how to avoid overcooked cookies as they will finish the cooking process as they cool on the baking sheets.
If stored in an airtight container at room temperature, these cookies can last up to a week! You can also choose to freeze them for longer storage (3 months).
How to make Santa’s favorite cookies
Whisk together the flour, cheesecake pudding dry mix, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Then set it aside.
In another large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add in the vanilla and then mix again to combine.
Add in the eggs, one at a time. Mix well after each, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
Add the dry ingredients to the sugar egg mixture. Mix until well combined.
Fold in the chocolate chips and M&Ms.
Scoop the dough out into 2 tablespoon-sized balls and place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet at least 2 or 3 inches apart.
Stick the baking sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes while the oven preheats to 350 degrees F. Keep the bowl of dough covered in the fridge as you wait so that it doesn’t get too warm.
Bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes or until the edges look set and the center is still soft and doughy.
Continue the process until all cookies have been cooked and cooled.
More great holiday recipes to try
- Christmas Tree Fruit Pizza
- The Holiday Peace Pie
- Christmas Tree Pretzels
- White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn
- Easy Christmas Pretzels
- Cranberry White Chocolate Cheesecake
- Cranberry Eggnog Streusel Muffins
Santas Favorite Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 box (3.4 ounce) Cheesecake Jell-o Instant Pudding
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup Red and Green Holiday M&Ms
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cheesecake pudding dry mix, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla and mix to distribute.
- And in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Remember to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl of egg mixture and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and M&Ms.
- Scoop the dough into 2 tablespoon sized scoops and place on a parchment lined baking sheet at least 2 or 3 inches apart.
- Place the sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes while you preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Alternatively you can let the dough chill in a covered bowl in the fridge for a few hours. Let unused dough sit covered in the fridge to avoid getting too warm as it waits.
- Bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes until the edges look set. Let cool for 10-30 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to the cooling wrack.
- Continue until all cookies have been cooked and cooled.