It's never a bad time for smores and with this easy microwavable smores recipe you can enjoy these tasty treats indoors no matter the weather. Within a minute you can be in gooey marshmallow and melted chocolate heaven.
I love making microwave smores because even without the toasty goodness of marshmallows, these treats come together quickly. Much faster than a traditional campfire method or using the oven to broil your smore marshmallows.
Using the microwave also means that you can make these little gooey desserts when you're away from home (like a hotel for instance) so enjoy your vacation. Motherly tip: Make sure to pack some wet wipes for sticky fingers, they'll come in handy here.
- Graham Crackers
- Chocolate Bars
- Large Marshmallows
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
- Microwave safe plate
🍴 Recipe Tips
These microwave s'mores instructions are incredibly easy to follow along with and I hope that you find yourself having no troubles at all.
Some fun variations for making s'mores in the microwave would be using a different type of chocolate bar, such as peanut butter cups, Kit Kats, white chocolate, or even Rolos.
Changing out the graham crackers for Girl Scout cookies like Thin Mints or Tagalongs is also a good idea for changing up the flavors. Even Striped Keebler Cookies sound like an incredible variation!
Let me know in the comments below what creative combinations you make for this microwave smores recipe because I'd love to try them.
All microwaves are created differently and vary in strengths so that the proper amount of time will vary per unit. That said you should be able to get a perfect result within the 20-30 second range. You want the chocolate to be softened without melting to the point it runs off the cracker and you want the marshmallow to be about triple in size so that it's soft and fluffy when you bite down into it.
If you cook your marshmallow for too long you'll notice a few things happening. One, the marshmallow will continue to grow large and fluffy, but immediately after opening the door, the marshmallow will shrink (as it is supposed to). Next, the marshmallow will cool down while turning into a rather hard sugary rock. It's much less pleasant to chew on but still tastes good. Any chocolate cooked for this long will also become a melted puddle in comparison.
Check out how to make microwave smores with these simple step-by-step instructions:
- Break a single graham cracker square in half so that it becomes two squares.
- On a microwave-safe plate, place the two graham cracker squares.
- Open up a Hershey chocolate bar and break them into smaller chocolate bars along the edges. I like to make the bars 3 tall because it's the easiest.
- Place Your chocolate onto a graham cracker, right in the middle.
- Top the other graham cracker's center with a large marshmallow.
- Place your plate in the microwave and cook for about 20-30 seconds or until you can see that the marshmallow has expanded to about the size of your graham cracker.
- Remove from microwave, give it a second or so for the marshmallow to shrink in size.
- Pick up one of the graham cracker halves and press it to the other so that the chocolate and marshmallow are touching and you have made a "sandwich".
- Enjoy your gooey chocolatey treat!
Here are S'more Recipes to try
Quick Microwave Smores
- 4 Graham Crackers
- 1 Hershey Chocolate Bar
- 4 Large Marshmallows
- Turn a single graham cracker into two squares by breaking it down the middle. Repeat for the other graham crackers as well.
- Place the graham cracker squares onto a microwave-safe plate.
- Open a Hershey chocolate bar and break it into rows of 3. There should be 4 rows. Top 4 of the graham cracker squares with a row of 3 chocolate pieces.
- Top the remaining 4 graham crackers with a large marshmallow, right in the center.
- Place the plate into the micrwoave and heat for about 20-30 seconds or until you notice through the window that the marshmallow is about the same size as the graham cracker.
- Stop the cooking and open the door. The marshmallows will shrink somewhat. Pick up one half with chocolate and one half with marshmallow and smoosh them together like a sandwich so that the chocolate and marshmallow are touching.
- Enjoy your gooey chocolatey treat!