Taco Tuesday can be any day of the week with this simple Instant Pot recipe. With less than 10 minutes of cooking time, you can have a delicious and flavorful turkey taco meat ready for your favorite taco shells!
I love tacos but I am not a fan of standing over the stove cooking meat and prepping all of the sides and toppings. It's exhausting!
The Instant Pot saves effort (and makes clean up easier too!)
You're going to love this super simple and easy turkey taco meat recipe. Instant Pot ground turkey tacos may become your new go-to favorite on taco night.
- Ground turkey meat
- Taco Seasoning
- Garlic Cloves
- Lime Juice
- And, of course, you'll need some corn tortillas
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Check out how to make Instant Pot turkey tacos with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Place your turkey meat and water (or broth) in the Instant Pot.
Close the lid and seal it shut. Set it to High Pressure for 5 minutes.
Do a Quick Pressure Release.
Drain the meat and liquid and then set the Instant Pot to saute for 10 minutes. We will not need all of this time, but a timer has to be set so this gives us plenty to work with.
Add your olive oil and garlic and stir for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
Add the meat back into the pot and break it up into smaller pieces
Stir in the taco seasoning, Rotel, ⅓ cup of water, and lime juice. Mix it well.
Continue cooking until it's reached your desired thickness.
Serve on corn tortillas with your favorite taco toppings.
🍴 Recipe Tips
Making turkey tacos is quick and easy with thawed turkey meat. You can choose to use a trivet, or go without. This is a personal preference and I cook without it because it's one less thing to clean later.
You can use homemade taco seasoning or storebought, I often flip between the two for my own convenience.
Rotel can be switched out for regular chunky salsa. It helps to add moisture, flavor, and even heat if you choose a spicier can.
Ground turkey is a leaner meat option and also contains fewer calories, so it is often seen as healthier meat. I enjoy that it's often cheaper than beef.
Turkey tacos would be great served alongside beans, rice, or baked tortilla chips.
Absolutely! To do this add one can of drained and rinsed black beans at the end when you add in the Rotel and seasonings and stir the mixture until the beans have warmed through.
More great Instant Pot recipes to try
- Instant Pot Ground Beef
- Instant Pot Apple Pie Filling
- Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup
- Instant Pot Ground Beef
- Instant Pot Hot Chocolate
- Instant Pot Tater Tot Casserole
Instant Pot Turkey Tacos
- 1 pound Ground turkey meat ($4.47)
- 1 cup Water or beef broth ($0.00)
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil ($0.13)
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced ($0.10)
- 3 tablespoon Taco seasoning ($0.44)
- 1 can Rotel with chilies, undrained ($1.24)
- ⅓ cup Water ($0.00)
- 1 teaspoon Lime juice ($0.04)
- 1 small Package corn tortilla taco shells ($1.88)
Optional Taco Topping Suggestions:
- Diced onion
- Diced tomato
- Chopped Lettuce
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Place 1 cup of water or beef broth in your Instant Pot with 1 pound of raw thawed ground turkey meat.
- Close the lid, seal it, and then set it for High Pressure 5 minutes.
- When the time is up do a Quick Pressure Release.
- Drain the meat and liquid and then set the Instant Pot to Saute for 10 minutes. You will not need all of this time.
- Heat the olive oil and garlic until fragrant. About 30 seconds.
- Add the ground turkey back into the pot and chop it into small pieces, breaking up the chunks.
- Stir in the taco seasoning, Rotel, ⅓ cup water, and lime juice until well mixed.
- Continue cooking until most of the liquid is gone, or it has reached your desired thickness.
- Turn off Instant Pot and unplug. Scoop out taco meat and fill your corn tortillas. Top with taco toppings as desired and serve warm.
Leave a Reply