Tuna noodle casserole, made in the Instant Pot! A perfect way to make dinner turn out perfectly every time! So creamy cheesy and downright delicious don’t be surprised if you lick the plate clean.
Instant Pot tuna noodle casserole
We love to eat tuna noodle casserole around here so it only made sense that I upgrade our tuna noodle recipe for the Instant Pot. I may have become addicted to making different Instant Pot meals and side dishes lately.
I have to say, after trying it this way, I may never go back to the old way again. It’s so creamy, cheesy, fabulous, and easy. All my favorite things in a good comfort dish!
Tuna casserole ingredients
- Olive oil
- Chicken broth
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Half and Half or milk
- Egg Noodles
- Cream of mushroom
- Frozen peas
- Cheddar cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Ritz Crackers
What you’ll need to make this recipe
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Tips for making creamy tuna noodle in Instant Pot
The most important thing to remember about making this tuna casserole in the instant Pot is to NOT stir unless directed. Layering the ingredients like this is what gives the best results.
Dairy items can often have bad results in the Instant Pot, but this method of layering is what keeps things from turning sour.
The good news is that it’s really easy and that not stirring just means even less work for you!
I recommend taking the additional step of broiling it in the oven with the Rit topping though. It’s sooooo good that way!
FAQ’s about tuna noodle casserole
You can place this tuna casserole (after it’s cooled) in a freezer-friendly container for up to 3 months. Just thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating in the oven.
Absolutely! Just make sure to drain them first. Sti them in at the same point as you would the frozen peas and you’ll be fine.
Leftover tuna noodles can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. For best results eat it sooner rather than later or freeze leftovers if you know you won’t be getting to them soon.
How to make Instant Pot Tuna Casserole
Set the Instant Pot to Saute (10 minutes) and add in the olive oil, butter, and diced onions. Cook until the onions are somewhat clear.
Add in the broth and seasonings. stir to combine.
stir in the half and half.
Add the egg noodles and DO NOT STIR. Smoosh them down a bit to try and get them wet, but you won’t get all of the noodles submerged.
layer the drained tuna meat over the top then spread the cream of mushroom soup over the top of that.
Close the lid and seal it. Set it to High Pressure for 1 minute with a 10-minute Natural Pressure Release.
Release the remaining pressure and open the lid. Stir in the peas and cheese. Put the lid back on and wait 1 or 2 minutes for the cheese to melt and the peas to warm up.
Serve or place in a casserole dish. Top with Ritz crumbs and broil on high for 1 minute in the oven.
More great recipes to try
- Instant Pot Turkey Tacos
- Microwave Grilled Cheese
- Microwave Yellow Squash
- Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup
- Instant Pot Ground Beef
- Tater Tot Casserole
Instant Pot Tuna Noodle
- Instant Pot
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup half and half (or milk)
- 1 bag egg noodles
- 2 cans tuna, drained
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup (10.5oz)
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
- Set your Instant Pot to Saute and set the timer for 10 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil, butter, and onions. Cook for about 5 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add in the broth and the seasonings. Stir to combine.
- Add in the half and half, mix again.
- Add the egg noodles, and do not stir. Smoosh them down slightly with the back of a spoon to try and get as much submerged as possible. You will not be able to cover all of the noodles, and that is okay.
- Lay your drained tuna over the top of the egg noodles. Do not stir.
- On top of the tuna, spread out the cans of cream of mushroom. Do not stir.
- Close the lid and seal it shut. Set it to High Pressure for 1 minute. Do a 10 minute Natural Pressure Release before releasing the remaining pressure.
- After releasing the pressure, stir in the frozen peas and cheese. Close the lid again and let it rest for 2 minutes to melt the cheese and warm the peas.
- Stir again and serve or place into a casserole dish and cover with Ritz cracker crumbs. Broil for 1 minute on high.
- Serve warm.