Honey lime fruit salad is a delicious summer fruit salad and one that is perfect for those hot days when you want something light and refreshing.
With the sweet and tangy honey lime vinaigrette tossed together with mixed fruit, you have yourself a wonderful combination of flavors. The honey lime dressing just adds to the flavors and brings everything together so well!
Even if you aren't a big fan of lime, this honey lime salad dressing really needs it. It helps to bring out the other berries flavors and helps everything to feel much more cohesive as a complete dish.
- Lime Juice
- Granny Smith Apple
- Lime Zest
- Cinnamon *optional
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Small Bowl
- Paring Knife
- Cutting Board
🍴 Recipe Tips
This is truly one of the best easy fruit salad recipes. There isn't much work to do and it comes together easily. My best advice for when you make this honey and lime fruit salad is to mix the fruit as little as possible, and as gently as possible.
As you're adding everything into the large mixing bowl, just set them in there. Don't mix until you've added the honey lime dressing, and as you do so- think of it more as a folding technique. Like when you add cool whip into a cream pie or adding whipped egg white to something.
The more gentle you are, the less you will crush the berries and fruits. This makes it much prettier and gives you a full burst of flavor with minimal berry juices running to the bottom of the bowl.
The cinnamon in this recipe is completely optional, and it changes the entire mood of the dish. If you're looking for a bright and vibrant early summer recipe, skip it. If you're looking for something warmer and more fall-like the cinnamon is awesome.
Homemade fruit salad will last about 3-5 days if kept properly stored inside of the fridge. Keep it in an airtight container or in a covered bowl. For best results, eat it while it's fresh.
I am reminded of the funny quote I once read, u0022Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.u0022 With your fruit salad, you can genuinely put in any fruits that you want to, but you need to keep them in mind.
You wouldn't want a dish that too sour, or too sweet, or even too mushy. Finding a nice combination of your favorite fruits and berries and working with them to create a great ratio is just a matter of personal preference.
Keep it in an airtight container or covered bowl overnight in the Fridge. To avoid fruit from browning, don't add in bananas until just before serving, and soak apples in lemon water before mixing them in (if using either).
Yes. You can make your fruit salad the night before and serve it the following day. This is also a great way to help make the flavors that much better because they've had longer to work with one another!
Honestly, no. Fruit salad can be as simple as mixed fruits in a bowl and trust me, I eat it like this often. But, adding a nice and simple dressing to your fruit salad helps to enhance the natural flavors. With a mix of sweet, tangy, and tart, it can help the fruit to find a great middle ground so every bite is as enjoyable as the last.
Check out how to make fruit salad with honey lime dressing with these simple step-by-step instructions:
- Slice your grapes in half lengthwise (or quarters).
- Slice your strawberries into quarters or smaller depending on the size of the berry.
- Add all of your washed and cut fruit into a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine your honey, lime juice, lime zest, (and cinnamon if desired). Whisk together until well mixed.
- Add the dressing to the fruit and gently toss to coat and combine.
- Serve and enjoy.
Other Fruit Recipes You're Going to Love
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Scones
- Lemon Mug Cake with Lemon Curd
- Blueberry Muffin in a Mug
- Strawberry Pink Lemonade
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries Dipped in Chocolate
- Fruit Filled Crescent Roll Danishes
- Glazed Blueberry Cream Cheese Scones
- Fruity Flavored Italian Sodas
- Keylime Cookies
- Super Moist Banana Bread with Sour Cream
Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
- 3 tablespoon Honey ($0.42)
- 2 tablespoon Lime Juice ($0.12)
- 1 teaspoon Lime Zest ($0.04)
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon *optional ($0.02)
- 8 oz Container Raspberries ($2.24)
- 8 oz Container Blackberries ($2.24)
- 1 cup Sliced Strawberries ($0.99)
- 1 cup Sliced Grapes ($0.99)
- 1 medium Granny Smith Apple, Diced ($0.89)
- Slice your grapes in half or quarter sized pieces.
- Slice the strawberries into quarters or smaller sized pieces
- Add all of the washed and cut it to a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine your honey, lime juice, lime zest, and cinnamon with a whisk until well combined. Drizzle the dressing over the fruit and gently toss to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!