Garlic roasted brussel sprouts are a savory and tangy side dish that tastes great paired with anything. Serve it up as a nice holiday side dish or keep it as a regular weeknight recipe.
Brussel sprouts taste great when they're roasted because the natural sweetness comes out in the caramelization of this veggie. Pairing that with lemon, garlic, and parmesan gives you a flavorful lemon garlic brussel sprouts side dish packed with textures and goodness.
Crunchy, soft, cheesy, tangy, and downright delicious. Even the non-brussel sprout fans will find a reason to come back for more of this oven roasted brussel sprouts recipe.
- Brussel Sprouts
- Olive oil
- Whole Lemon
- Garlic Cloves
- Parmesan Cheese
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
- Measuring Spoons
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking sheet
Check out how to make garlic roasted brussel sprouts with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease it with nonstick cooking spray.
Prep and wash your brussel sprouts. Cut in half or quarters, depending on size.
In a large zipper topped bag, or in a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients and toss them together.
Lay the brussel sprout mixture out onto the baking sheet in a nice and even layer.
Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until browned and crispy.
🍴 Recipe Tips
A big thing to note about making garlic parmesan brussel sprouts is that not all brussel sprouts are the same size.
Depending on how large your brussel sprouts are, you may find that they need to be cut into halves, quarters, or even into 6 pieces per head. To do this well, I recommend slicing them vertically so that each section still has a piece of the bottom of the sprout. This will help to hold each section together better so that it doesn't become a dish of scattered leaves.
You can prepare your brussel sprouts up to 2 days in advance but keep in mind that once sliced, brussel sprouts can dry out. To extend the fridge life, keep them stored in an airtight container for maximum freshness.
Absolutely! Brussel sprouts, like any other veggies should be washed thoroughly before consuming. Clean them by rinsing them under water and removing the outer few leaves. This should help to take away any dirt or debris. Alternatively, you can soak them in a large bowl of water.
Yes, brussel sprouts taste good reheated too. Simply lay them out on a baking sheet and cook at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes or until heated through. You could also microwave them for about a minute, but they do lose some crunch with this method.
Other recipes to try soon!
- Mini Spinach Artichoke Dip Bread Bowls
- Creamy Beef Stroganoff
- Stovetop Candied Sweet Potatoes
- Easy Oven Roasted Broccolini
- Momma's Easy Egg Salad Recipe
- The BEST Poppy Seed Muffins
Garlic Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 1 lb brussel sprouts ($2.98)
- 3 tablespoon olive oil ($0.39)
- 1 whole lemon, sliced into wedges ($0.89)
- 5-6 cloves garlic, halved or quartered ($0.30)
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese (grated or shredded) ($0.60)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and prep your brussel sprouts by cutting them in halves or quarters depending on size.
- In a gallon sized bag or in a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well.
- Lay the brussel sprout mixture out onto the prepared baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until browned and crispy. Serve.