Garlic roasted brussel sprouts are a savory and tangy side dish that tastes great paired with anything. Serve it up as a nice holiday side dish or keep it as a regular weeknight recipe.
Brussel sprouts taste great when they're roasted because the natural sweetness comes out in the caramelization of this veggie. Pairing that with lemon, garlic, and parmesan gives you a flavorful lemon garlic brussel sprouts side dish packed with textures and goodness.
Crunchy, soft, cheesy, tangy, and downright delicious. Even the non-brussel sprout fans will find a reason to come back for more of this oven roasted brussel sprouts recipe.
For more brussel sprout recipes, check out my Sheet Pan Sausages and Brussel Sprouts, Bacon Ranch Brussel Sprouts, Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Carrots, and Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts.
Why This Recipe Works
- It's delicious. Sweet caramelized brussel sprouts with tangy lemon, aromatic garlic, and a savory cheese all paired together to create a side dish everyone will fight over.
- It's easy to make. This recipe is very simple and easy to make, which just gives it another bonus point and a reason to love it even more.
- They're great with anything. Serve these brussel sprouts up with your next roast, like Honey Mustard Pork Shoulder Roast, or serve it up with chicken or fish. It's sure to go well with just about anything.
Brussel Sprouts- You will need some fresh brussel sprouts that have been washed and trimmed.
Olive oil- Using olive oil will help to give us a nicer caramelization and a more evenly cooked brussel sprout.
Whole Lemon- For added color, freshness, and tangy goodness, you will want to use a fresh lemon.
Garlic Cloves- While I often suggest jarred minced garlic, this is a recipe where fresh whole garlic cloves is greatly preferred.
Parmesan Cheese- Adding some shredded parmesan to the dish will elevate the flavors thanks to the salty cheesy flavor it brings.
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Check out how to make garlic roasted brussel sprouts with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease it with nonstick cooking spray.
Prep and wash your brussel sprouts. Cut in half or quarters, depending on size.
In a large zipper topped bag, or in a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients and toss them together.
Lay the brussel sprout mixture out onto the baking sheet in a nice and even layer.
Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until browned and crispy.
🍴 Recipe Tips
A big thing to note about making garlic parmesan brussel sprouts is that not all brussel sprouts are the same size.
Depending on how large your brussel sprouts are, you may find that they need to be cut into halves, quarters, or even into 6 pieces per head. To do this well, I recommend slicing them vertically so that each section still has a piece of the bottom of the sprout. This will help to hold each section together better so that it doesn't become a dish of scattered leaves.
You can prepare your brussel sprouts up to 2 days in advance but keep in mind that once sliced, brussel sprouts can dry out. To extend the fridge life, keep them stored in an airtight container for maximum freshness.
Absolutely! Brussel sprouts, like any other veggies should be washed thoroughly before consuming. Clean them by rinsing them under water and removing the outer few leaves. This should help to take away any dirt or debris. Alternatively, you can soak them in a large bowl of water.
Yes, brussel sprouts taste good reheated too. Simply lay them out on a baking sheet and cook at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes or until heated through. You could also microwave them for about a minute, but they do lose some crunch with this method.
Other side dish recipes to try soon!
Garlic Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 1 pound Brussel sprouts ($2.98)
- 3 Tablespoons Olive oil ($0.39)
- 1 whole Lemon, sliced into wedges ($0.89)
- 5-6 cloves Garlic, halved or quartered ($0.30)
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese (grated or shredded) ($0.60)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and prep your brussel sprouts by cutting them in halves or quarters depending on size.
- In a gallon sized bag or in a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well.
- Lay the brussel sprout mixture out onto the prepared baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until browned and crispy. Serve.
Leave a Reply