Everybody will love these easy smore brownies but you're going to love how simple they are to make at home. Made with just a few simple ingredients and steps we can make these brownies any time of the year.
We make these smore brownies with graham crackers as a base because what s'more is complete without graham crackers? These graham cracker crust brownies are then topped with marshmallows and toasted to gooey perfection.
Every bite is rich in chocolate, marshmallows, and Grahams, the perfect combination for smores. But if you love smores, make sure to check out my Easy Oven Broiled Smores, Golden Grahams Smores Snack Mix, and No Bake Smores Ice Cream Pie.
Why This Recipe Works
- It's quick and easy. To make this recipe even easier, we make these smore brownies with brownie mix. So it's super fast to throw together, making this the perfect recipe to enjoy whenever those smore cravings hit. Perfect for rainy weather and winter too!
- The kids love them. I mean, who doesn't love brownies or marshmallows? Made with kid's favorites, you're sure to hear them asking for a slice often.
- They are cheap to make. When you calculate the costs needed to make this recipe, you'll be surprised to see how affordable it is to make. Great for desserts on a budget.
Graham crackers- You will need several graham crackers for the bottom crust of these brownies.
Brownie mix- Use a box of brownie mix and prepare the batter according to the package directions, including the eggs, oil, and water that may be needed.
Mini marshmallows- For the toasted topping on these brownies, you'll need some mini marshmallows.
For specific quantities, see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Check out how to make easy smore brownies with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray the inside of an 8x8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Lay your graham crackers on the bottom of the pan and try to fill in any gaps, even if it means breaking the crackers.
Make your box mix of brownies according to the package instructions and pour into your prepared pan. Spread out evenly over the crackers.
Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Top with your marshmallows and broil for 1-2 minutes or until toasted to your liking.
Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Bake not broil
If desired, instead of broiling the marshmallows at the end, you can bake the brownies for 35 minutes and then top with marshmallows and continue to bake for another 20-25 minutes until golden and the brownies are cooked through. This will make the marshmallows gooey and melted.
Graham cracker crust
You can also make a simple graham cracker crust (like the kind for cheesecakes) by crushing the cookies to a fine crumb and adding in a little butter, then press into the bottom of the pan before topping with the brownie mix.
🍴 Recipe Tips
Watch your marshmallows
When making this smore brownie recipe make sure to keep a very close eye on the marshmallows as they are broiling because it's very easy to go from toasted to burnt. It should take no more than 2 minutes (and that's being generous with the time as it's usually finished in about 1 ½ minutes).
Let them cool slightly
If you allow the brownies to cool for about 5-10 minutes before slicing, the marshmallows will be a little easier to slice through and serve. Cut with a sharp knife and make sure to go all the way through the graham cracker crust at the bottom so there's no resistance when lifting out your squares.
Keep your brownies stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. This should give you plenty of time to enjoy these gooey rich treats.
If you want to reheat your smore brownies to get that fresh from oven taste then I recommend placing it in the oven for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F. Cooking it in the microwave for 1 minute would be okay too but will give you really hot marshmallows (possibly overcooked) and a cold center in the brownie. Warming them up slowly and evenly is recommended.
You can use any brand of brownie mix that you prefer but I recommend not using ones that say family size or that are made for larger baking dishes like a 9x13 as this will overflow the small square pan and cause a much longer baking time.
More great dessert recipes like this to check out soon
Easy Smores Brownies
- 4-6 whole Graham crackers ($0.18)
- 1 box (18.3oz) Brownie mix ($1.00)
- 1 bag (10oz) Mini marshmallows ($1.00)
- ⅔ cup Vegetable oil ($0.36)
- ¼ cup Water ($0.00)
- 2 large Eggs ($0.16)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray the inside of an 8x8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Lay your graham crackers on the bottom of the pan and try to fill in any gaps, even if it means breaking the crackers.
- Make your box mix of brownies according to the package instructions and pour into your prepared pan. Spread out evenly over the crackers.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Top with your marshmallows and broil for 1-2 minutes or until toasted to your liking.
- Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Keep an eye on the marshmallows as they broil so that they don't burn. To be perfectly toasted will only take about 1-2 minutes and they quickly burn or catch on fire if left in too long.
- Allow to cool 5-10 minutes before serving to make slicing and serving easier.
- Keep your brownies stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Any brownie box mix brand will work, but don't use a box that says it's meant for 9x13 sized pans as that is too much and will increase bake time.