These 3 ingredient easy Christmas pretzels will add a little festive cheer to your snack binging this holiday season. With salty pretzels, chocolate pieces, and a little crunch in every bite, these things are tasty!
Making this Christmas pretzels recipe is very easy and fun to do. Enlist the help of the kids (if they're old enough) and have them unwrap a few down Hershey kisses on your behalf.
With a salty-sweet chocolate treat like these pretzel hugs, you can add a few to your next cookie exchange, edible gifts, or even save them for your own snack plates this year.
- Hershey Kiss Hugs
- Holiday M&Ms
- Square Pretzels
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
🍴 Recipe Tips
When adding the M&Ms to each chocolate piece be careful to set it straight down and not to slide it around in the melted chocolate. The lines on the Hugs will give you away and reveal your slide pattern.
You have time to adjust the M&Ms so that they are all M up or M down depending on how you want them to look.
Make sure to line your baking sheet with parchment paper! I didn't, and I regretted it after the chocolate set, haha. The melted chocolate will come down the pretzel holes and glue each treat to your baking sheet.
Yes, you can freeze these hug pretzels in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Simply eat frozen or allow to thaw for a few minutes at room temperature before enjoying.
Yes, you can use regular Hershey kisses and regular colored M andMs if desired. The Hugs and Holiday Mu0026Ms just add a bit of festiveness for the holidays but it's not absolutely required.
These pretzels can last about 2 weeks if stored in an airtight container at room temperature. Of course, for best results, eat them sooner rather than later. (Shouldn't be a problem with how addictingly good they are!)
Check out how to make Christmas pretzels with these simple step-by-step instructions:
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Layout a few rows of square-shaped pretzels onto the baking sheet.
- Top each pretzel with an unwrapped Hershey Kiss Hug, right in the center.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes until soft but not melted.
- Press a single holiday M&M on top of the center of each soft Hershey Hug.
- Let cool and set.
- Eat and keep leftovers stored in an airtight container.
More fun recipes to try soon!
- Candied Sour Grapes
- Southern Deviled Eggs
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Carrots
- Oven Roasted Cajun Turkey Breast
- Hot Chocolate Pancakes
- Yogurt Banana Splits
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay your pretzels in neat rows on the baking sheet.
- Place an unwrapped Hershey hug in the center of each pretzel square.
- Bake in the oven for 3-5 minutes until soft, but not melted.
- Press a red or green holiday M&M on the center of each Hershey Hug.
- Allow to cool and set (about 1 hour).
- Eat. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container.