These 3 ingredient easy Christmas pretzels will add a little festive cheer to your snack binging this holiday season. With salty pretzels, chocolate pieces, and a little crunch in every bite, these things are tasty!
Making this Christmas pretzels recipe is very easy and fun to do. Enlist the help of the kids (if they're old enough) and have them unwrap a few down Hershey kisses on your behalf.
With a salty-sweet chocolate treat like these pretzel hugs, you can add a few to your next cookie exchange, edible gifts, or even save them for your own snack plates this year.
For more Christmas fun, make sure to check out our Christmas Tree Pretzels, Christmas Tree Fruit Pizza, and Soft Christmas Cookies.
Why This Recipe Works
- Minimal ingredients. You'll only need 3 ingredients to make this recipe, which means any necessary shopping should be minimal.
- Easy to follow steps. This recipe is so easy and simple that you can have the kids help out with most of the steps. Laying pretzels, unwrapping, adding chocolates, etc.
- One batch makes plenty. Just one batch of these pretzels can give you a bowl or platter full of treats to share. Perfect for sharing with friends and family.
Hershey Kiss Hugs- These are the "standard" and traditional topping to these Christmas pretzels, but feel free to swap them out for regular Hershey kisses if desired.
Holiday M&Ms- To keep this recipe fun and festive, adding red and green colored M&Ms works great.
Square Pretzels- You will want to use some square shaped pretzels for the base of this recipe as they hold the candies better than other shapes.
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Check out how to make Christmas pretzels with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Layout a few rows of square-shaped pretzels onto the baking sheet.
Top each pretzel with an unwrapped Hershey Kiss Hug, right in the center.
Bake for 3-5 minutes until soft but not melted.
Press a single holiday M&M on top of the center of each soft Hershey Hug.
Let cool and set.
Eat and keep leftovers stored in an airtight container.
🍴 Recipe Tips
When adding the M&Ms to each chocolate piece be careful to set it straight down and not to slide it around in the melted chocolate. The lines on the Hugs will give you away and reveal your slide pattern.
You have time to adjust the M&Ms so that they are all M up or M down depending on how you want them to look.
Make sure to line your baking sheet with parchment paper! I didn't, and I regretted it after the chocolate set, haha. The melted chocolate will come down the pretzel holes and glue each treat to your baking sheet.
Yes, you can freeze these hug pretzels in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Simply eat frozen or allow to thaw for a few minutes at room temperature before enjoying.
Yes, you can use regular Hershey kisses and regular colored M and M if desired. The Hugs and Holiday Mu0026Ms just add a bit of festiveness for the holidays but it's not absolutely required.
These pretzels can last about 2 weeks if stored in an airtight container at room temperature. Of course, for best results, eat them sooner rather than later. (Shouldn't be a problem with how addictingly good they are!)
More fun Holiday recipes to try soon!
- 30 Square Pretzels ($0.99)
- 30 Hershey Hugs ($1.98)
- 30 Red and Green M&Ms ($1.24)
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay your pretzels in neat rows on the baking sheet.
- Place an unwrapped Hershey hug in the center of each pretzel square.
- Bake in the oven for 3-5 minutes until soft, but not melted.
- Press a red or green holiday M&M on the center of each Hershey Hug.
- Allow to cool and set (about 1 hour).
- Eat. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container.
Leave a Reply