This chocolate chip skillet cookie is a simple one ingredient recipe that only takes a moment to prep. within minutes you can be enjoying a fresh and warm from the oven, giant chocolate chip cookie.
This cookie pizookie recipe is as easy as pressing a tube of cookie dough in a skillet. Make this yummy chocolate chip cookie in a skillet when at home or away because it's easy enough to cook over a grill or campfire too!
I always recommend serving this easy pizookie recipe with a side of cold vanilla ice cream and fresh berries because what else goes with a melty warm chocolate chip cookie beside a tall glass of milk?
- Cookie Dough
- Olive oil
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
- 12 inch cast iron skillet
🍴 Recipe Tips
Make sure to grease your cast iron skillet well as this will help to prevent the cookie dough from sticking to the pan, making it much easier to scoop from without leaving yummy cookie pieces behind.
If desired you can eat the large pizookie straight from the skillet, by topping it with ice cream and digging in with a spoon, or you can slice it into triangular-shaped pieces and serve it much like you would a pie or cake.
You can use any flavor of tubed cookie dough for different flavored skillet pizookies. This means you can enjoy sugar cookies or even peanut butter cookies, or any other flavor you prefer by simply buying a different flavor of the dough.
Oh, the pizookie recipe possibilities!
Check out how to make chocolate chip skillet cookie with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Grease skillet and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Press the cookie dough into the skillet.
Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until edges look set and the top is no longer glossy.
Remove the skillet from the oven and then let cool for 10-15 minutes before topping with ice cream and eating. Or slice and serve.
🍳 Grill/Campfire cooking instructions
Place over grill or campfire, but off from the heat so it's close but not directly above the heat source.
Cook for 15 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
More great cookie recipes to try
- Cookies and Cream Cinnamon Rolls
- Strawberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brownie Mix Cookies
- Caramel Apple Cider Cookies
- Marbled Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cookies and Cream Pizookie
Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- 1 tube Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough softened
- 1-2 tablespoon Olive Oil, for greasing the pan
- Grease skillet and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Press the cookie dough into the skillet.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until edges look set and top is no longer glossy.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and then let cool for 10-15 minutes before topping with ice cream and eating. Or slice and serve.
Grill/Campfire cooking instructions
- Place over grill or campfire, but off from the heat so it's close but not directly above the heat source.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.