This easy baked spaghetti pie is a recipe you'll use time and time again. Especially when you have leftover spaghetti handy! It's a moist, crunchy, and cheesy dish that tastes brand new.
I've been making baked leftover spaghetti for my husband for YEARS! It varies every time depending on what I have on hand but the base is always the same- leftover spaghetti, eggs, and cheese. Together they create a well bound mixture that once baked- its moist, cheesy, and flavorful.
Before I started doing this my husband would refuse to eat leftover spaghetti because it was always dry (unless I reheated it with butter). So much food going to waste, so I repurposed it.
He looks forward to spaghetti now because he knows this recipe is following somewhere soon in the days after.
- Spaghetti noodles
- Pasta sauce
- Cottage cheese
- Fresh parsley
- Parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Browned ground beef
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
- Measuring cups
- Mixing bowl
- Cake pan
🍴 Recipe Tips
I make this spaghetti pie with cottage cheese, but feel free to mix and match your favorite cheese blends or spaghetti ingredients to make this dish unique. Using leftover spaghetti is also a great way to cut down on prep time, just add in everything but the onions, beef, sauce, and noodles.
You'll know that your baked spaghetti pie is fully cooked when it reaches 165F degrees on an instant read thermometer. This is to guarantee that the eggs have been fully cooked and deemed safe for consumption.
You can use any baking dish. I prefer a springform cake pan because the sides can pull away to reveal tall sides. You could also use pie plates or an 8x8 baking dish. If you double the recipe you can use a 9x13baking dish too.
You want to make sure that you cook your spaghetti pie long enough that the temperature reaches 165F degrees and the top of it has lost its liquid puddles and appears drier.
Absolutely! This is a great dish for making in advance and freezing as a freezer meal for later. Simply thaw overnight in the fridge and bake as directed.
Check out how to make baked spaghetti pie with these simple step-by-step instructions:
- In a large pot of water bring your noodles to a boil and cook as directed on package. Drain and return to pot.
- Brown your ground beef in a skillet and drain the grease. Add in the onion and saute until soft (about 3 minutes).
- Pour the meat and onion mixture into the noodles with the sauce. Stir to combine.
- In a bowl mix the eggs, cottage cheese, and parsley. Add in the cheeses, reserving some for the top of the pie.
- Mix the cottage cheese mixture with the noodles and place into a greased cake pan.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 30-35 minutes until cooked thoroughly.
Check out these other great recipes!
- Garlic and Rosemary Focaccia Bread
- Strawberry Mason Jar Ice Cream
- Play Doh Cookies
- Hidden Rainbow Heart Bundt Cake
- Not So Smoked Trout Dip
- One Pot Wild Rice Pilaf
- Easy Cornbread with Cake Mix
- Bread Machine Bagels
Baked Spaghetti Pie
- ½ box spaghetti noodles ($0.50)
- 1 ½ cups pasta sauce ($1.14)
- ½ cup cottage cheese ($0.40)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped ($0.30)
- 3 large eggs ($0.24)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided ($0.99)
- 1 ½ cup shredded Mozzarella, divided ($1.50)
- ½ lb ground beef ($1.69)
- ½ onion, diced ($0.35)
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees and grease a cake pan. Set it aside.
- Boil your noodles according to package instructions, drain, and then return to pot.
- In a skillet, brown your ground beef and drain the grease. Add in the onions and saute until soft (about 3 minutes).
- Pour the meat mixture and the sauce in with the noodles and toss to coat.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, cottage cheese, and parsley. Add in the cheeses reserving some for the top of the pie.
- Combine the cottage cheese mixture with the noodles and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish and top with the remaining cheeses.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until cooked through.