Apple nachos are a tasty and fun treat for any age, but kids especially love the added peanut butter and chocolate chips! They're messy, they're fun, and they're perfect for sharing!
I love eating caramel apples or candy-covered apples but I hate biting through so much hardness and chewiness. Apple nachos are the perfect way to enjoy your favorite candy apples without feeling like you'll be losing a tooth filling.
These apple nachos with peanut butter and chocolate are softer and better tasting than a candied apple too!
Why This Recipe Works
- It's easy to make. If you can slice an apple, then you can do the rest. These apple nachos are easy to make and assemble, which just means you'll have more excuses to make them more often.
- It's a fun way to eat apples. Eating an apple can get boring (according to my youngest child), so adding toppings, dips, sprinkles, etc., makes them more inviting and fun. The kids have no problem eating one or two apples at a time when served this way.
- They're customizable. Add any toppings you want over the top and change them up every time for a unique plate.
Apples- You will need some fresh apples. You can use your favorite apples for this recipe!
Chocolate chips- You can melt down some chocolate chips to drizzle over the apples or scatter them over the top of the apples as an added topping.
Caramel syrup- Drizzling caramel syrup over the apples will give them a delicious contrast in flavor.
Marshmallows- Mini marshmallows make a fun topping!
Peanut butter- Add in some peanut butter for added protein and a nice contrast in flavor by adding a salty savory note to offset the sweeter toppings.
*You can use any of your favorite chocolates or toppings
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Check out how to make apple nachos with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Quarter your apples and remove the core/seeds. Slice each quarter into 4 slices.
Arrange the apple slices on a plate.
Drizzle peanut butter all over the nachos. Add chocolate syrup or caramel syrup as desired.
Sprinkle with chocolate chips, marshmallows, M&Ms, and sprinkles as desired. Serve and enjoy.
🍴 Recipe Tips
If you want them to look pretty you might want to use lemon water to soak your apple slices in to prevent browning. This is pretty easy to do and doesn't take much time.
MAKE SURE YOU PAPER TOWEL DRY THE APPLES ARE SOAKING! A wet apple will have all of the pretty toppings fall right off!
You can also put your warmed and melted toppings in a Ziploc bag and cut the tip-off. Squeeze it out over the apples for a nice look over the apples. otherwise using a spoon works great if you're just looking for fast, easy, and delicious.
⏲️ Make Ahead Instructions
For the best tasting results, I don't recommend making them until just before serving. This keeps them fresh and delicious (which is what we want!
You can use any of your favorite candy apple toppings. Melted chocolate chips or even ice cream syrups work great! Sprinkles and chopped nuts or shredded coconut all work amazingly well.
You can use any type of apple. Personally, I prefer apples with a sour bite to them like Granny Smith or a Pink Lady, but if you like sweeter apples like Red Delicious or Fuji or even a Jonagold, they'd work too.
Apples are healthy and so is peanut butter. This dish is packed with vitamins, protein, and fiber. It also has some unhealthy bits like chocolate and marshmallows. When you compare it to fast food or any number of other treats for kids, this is probably one of the healthiest fun things you can give them.
Check out these other kid approved recipes!
Peanut Butter Apple Nachos
- 2 cup Apples ($1.78)
- ¼ cup Chocolate chips ($0.25)
- ¼ cup Mini marshmallows ($0.08)
- ¼ cup Creamy Peanut Butter ($0.20)
- *You can use any of your favorite chocolates or toppings
- Quarter your apples and remove the core/seeds.
- Slice each quarter into 4 slices.
- Arrange the apple slices on a plate.
- Drizzle peanut butter all over the nachos. Add chocolate syrup or caramel syrup as desired.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips, marshmallows, M&Ms and sprinkles as desired.
- Serve and enjoy.
- To prevent the apples from browning, you can soak them in a lemon juice+water mixture. If you soak them, make sure to dry the apples on a paper towel well before assembling the nachos.
- Placing your melted toppings in a plastic baggie with the corner snipped off will allow you to squeeze it out over the apples for a nicer look, but using a spoon to drizzle works fine too.
- You can use any type of apple. Personally, I prefer apples with a sour bite to them like Granny Smith or a Pink Lady, but if you like sweeter apples like Red Delicious or Fuji or even a Jonagold, they'd work too.
- I don't recommend making them until just before serving for the best tasting results. This keeps them fresh and delicious (which is what we want!)
- You can use any of your favorite candy apple toppings. Melted chocolate chips or even ice cream syrups work great! Sprinkles and chopped nuts or shredded coconut all work amazingly well.