Frozen green beans are made much easier and quicker thanks to your handy dandy air fryer. With this air fryer frozen green beans recipe, you can have crispy seasoned veggies in just a few short minutes.
Frozen green beans (or any veggies for that matter) are a simple side dish that adds color to your plate and some frugal nutrition. We love buying bags of the $1 frozen veggies when we go shopping, but finding ways to cook them up besides steaming them in the microwave can be challenging.
That said, we really love this frozen green beans air fryer recipe because it almost makes the frozen veggies taste like fresh ones! They're tender but crispy, flavorful, and juicy. A perfect addition to any meal.
Don't forget to check out Air Fryer Canned Corn and Air Fryer Canned Green Beans for more vegetable ideas!
Why This Recipe Works
- Frozen veggies are healthy. Freezing veggies helps retain so many great vitamins and nutrients, so adding them to our meals is always a great way to make them more well-rounded.
- Minimal ingredients. To make this recipe, you'll only need 4 ingredients, but you can easily adjust the seasonings if desired.
- Ready in minutes. From start to finish, this recipe is very quick and easy. It only takes 10 minutes to cook these green beans from frozen, so even with the extra prep work, you're looking at a green side dish in under 15 minutes.
Frozen green beans- You'll need a bag of frozen green beans. I like the steamable bags from the grocery store.
Olive oil- This will coat the green beans so that they can cook and crisp evenly.
Soy sauce- So much flavor comes from this! Soy sauce is naturally salty and has a deep flavor that pairs well with the green beans without being overwhelming.
Salt- This is optional, but if desired, you can add some flaky or coarse salt to the green beans.
For specific quantities, see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Check out how to make air fryer frozen green beans with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Lay your frozen (unthawed) green beans in the bottom of your air fryer basket and arrange them into a single even layer. It's okay if there is a little overlapping.
Cook at 380 degrees F for 10 minutes. Toss the green beans around in the basket about halfway through.
Empty the green beans into a serving bowl.
Toss with the soy sauce and olive oil until well coated.
Sprinkle flaky sea salt over the top for garnish if desired.
Serve warm and enjoy.
We love how these frozen fried green beans taste in the air fryer, but if desired, you can make these green beans in your oven. We have a How to Roast Frozen Green Beans article that explains all the steps for that if desired.
Seasonings. If you don't want to do the soy sauce and salt flavorings for your green beans, feel free to use any other flavorful combination you already know and like. Some examples are:
- ¼ cup of grated parmesan cheese and 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup of grated parmesan cheese and 1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
- Salt and Pepper (added to taste)
🍴 Recipe Tips
Different brands = Different results
We have made these frozen crispy green beans in the air fryer more times than I can count, but there is something that is really worth noting. Different brands will have different results. Some brands of frozen green beans will have a different texture once air fried, making them less than ideal.
For this reason, I recommend trying this recipe a few times and swapping between brands like Great Value, Birds Eye, etc., as you may find you prefer one over the other.
If you find that you have leftover green beans and want to eat them later, you can reheat them in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for about 3-4 minutes or until warmed through.
If you only want to heat up a single sized portion, you can microwave them on a microwave-safe plate for about 45 seconds, until heated through.
🥗 Side Dishes
Looking for ideas on what to serve with your green beans? Check out this 3 Ingredient Crock Pot Pork Chops recipe or consider a Garlic and Brown Sugar Crusted Pork Roast. Oven Baked Beer Butt Chicken and other meaty dishes work great too!
While these green beans will taste best when freshly made, you can store the leftovers in the fridge for later. You can keep leftover green beans stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
Nope! You can simply add your frozen green beans straight from the bag to your air fryer basket and cook as directed.
Yes, you can wash, trim, and air fry fresh green beans instead of frozen ones. To do this, you'll follow along with the recipe, but you will reduce the cooking time to only 9 minutes. After 9 minutes, check on them and either serve or cook in 1 minute intervals until they look good.
If you undercook your green beans, the texture may be rubbery, but if you overcook them, the texture can be mushy. For this purpose, it's important to keep an eye on your veggies as they cook so that they turn out perfectly every time.
More great air fryer recipes to check out soon
- Air Fryer Chicken Tacos
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza
- Air Fryer Tostadas
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- 20 Beginner Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans
- 1 bag frozen fine green beans ($1.00)
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil ($0.26)
- ½ Tablespoon soy sauce ($0.10)
- flaky or coarse salt *optional
- Lay your frozen (unthawed) green beans in the bottom of your air fryer basket and arrange them into a single even layer. It's okay if there is a little overlapping.
- Cook at 380 degrees F for 10 minutes. Toss the green beans around in the basket about halfway through.
- Empty the green beans into a serving bowl.
- Toss with the soy sauce and olive oil until well coated.
- Sprinkle flaky sea salt over the top for garnish if desired.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
- I recommend trying this recipe a few times and swapping between brands like Great Value, Birds Eye, etc., as you may find you prefer one over the other.
- If you find that you have leftover green beans and want to eat them later, you can reheat them in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for about 3-4 minutes or until warmed through.
- You can keep leftover cooked green beans stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Leave a Reply